To ensure that The Dirthut maintains a healthy and supportive community, we ask that each user reads and abides by the guidelines and rules which are mentioned and detailed below. Please note that these guidelines may be altered at any time. It is therefore encouraged that users check back at this page by clicking the link which is made available at the footer of every page on The Dirthut's forums and checking the date at which the guidelines were last altered. The Administration and Moderator team reserve the right to suspend any account which is in violation of any rule outlined on this page. The moderation team also reserves the right to suspend any account which is in violation of a rule not stated on this page as this page only outlines the bare minimum expected of users and not every issue can be predicted.
It is not the community's job to enforce these rules, but should you suspect that a user is out of line, then please use the Report feature on the post that was in violation of the community guidelines, or on the user's profile. (Look for the "Report" button found below the signature of every post made in a thread, or the "Report this member" button found at the bottom of the page on every user's profile)
1. System Security
- Accessing, or attempting to access, the accounts of other users
- Exploiting, or attempting to exploit, bugs, vulnerabilities, or loopholes; whether they are disclosed or undisclosed
- Penetrating, or attempting to penetrate, security measures of The Dirthut's Community's software, hardware, or any other device used in the management or operations of the overall system
Any intrusion will subject your forum account to immediate termination, regardless of whether or not the intrusion results in the detriment of the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of data.
2. Harassment and Profanities
You may not post content that contains material relating to the following: racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, or harassment.
We have zero tolerance for personal attacks whether public or private on any individual or group ("personal attack" will be determined on a case by case basis by management). You may not use any method of delivery for materials which refer to ethnic/national origin, ideological or religious beliefs, gender, or sexual preference in a derogatory, demeaning, or provocative context.
2.1 Forgery and Impersonation
Attempting to impersonate any person, including staff, using forged headers, instant messenger names, similar usernames, avatars, or other methods in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited.
3. Pornography/Sexually Offensive Materials
You may not post or link to pornographic material or any content which would normally be considered sexually offensive.
We do not want spam on The Dirthut forums. There are certain sections of the forum designated for "off topic" and "general" posting posts containing those sorts of topics need to go there. That being said, spam includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Excessive/excessively off-topic threads or posts.
- Posting nonsensical messages.
- "Flooding" the forum with similar meaning messages.
- Post-Count farming.
- Unsolicited advertising via private message or email.
- Do not intentionally derail threads. Off-Topic is there for a reason.
- Repeated posting with constant referrals to other website(s) with no purpose other than the promotion of that website.
- Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
- Reputation or "Likes" farming.
- The posting solely of memes or similar images without contributing to the discussion, memes can be funny and applicable but if it is completely unrelated it is spam.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums.
- Causing disturbances in forum threads such as picking fights or insulting other members.
- Making non-constructive posts for the purpose of causing unrest.
- Abusing the Report Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
- Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling)
- Excessive use of font colors for non post formatting purposes will result in moderative action.
Any sort of advertisement on The Dirthut that has little or no relation to the community, or is not affiliated with the community in any way will be considered spam and removed from the boards. This also pertains to signatures and/or profile information.
This includes but is not limited to doing a giveaway on the forums while linking/referring to outside accounts(Youtube, FB, etc.) in any way shape or form.
In addition to advertising, you may not sell any item via the forums, nor advertise links to third party personal sale sites where you might be selling your item.
4.3 Thread Necroing
Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board. Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing". A shorter duration may be considered when dealing with situations like previously resolved threads being reposted or simply for the purpose of bumping it to the front page. The "Show off your gaming setup!" thread and the "Forum Games" section is exempt from this rule.
5. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys
- "Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;
- "Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;
- "Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;
- A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.
You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:
- Seeking help to create or find cracks.
- Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation files.
- Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
- Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
- Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
- Provide or request login details for restricted websites.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management.
6. Illegal Use
You may not use our forums for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities, as determined by the laws of the United Kingdom and the European Union. Such activities will result in an immediate ban. We will cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
7. Non-Disclosure Agreements
We reserve the right to cooperate with any company that is conducting an investigation into a breach of a current and enforceable NDA.
- You may not post any form of real life information of any user (except yourself) unless the user has first given permission by express written consent to the forum administrator. Examples of real life information include name, address, email, and phone numbers.
- You may not distribute any form of electronic information, email address, private/email Messages, IP addresses, and Instant Messenger messages ("Chat logs") with intent to harass or be demeaning in any way as determined by the forum management, regardless of consent.
- You may not, at any time, post any form of real life information about any person (including yourself) under the age of 16, even with the consent of said person.
9. Moderation & Bans
- You may not attempt to evade a ban by creating another account or any other means. Doing so will dramatically lengthen your ban. If you have a problem with a ban or feel it was inappropriate, please contact an administrator and wait for a response.
- You may not discuss or complain in open forum about another user's ban, the deletion of a message, or the deletion/closure of a thread. Any discussion about warnings, bans, message deletion, thread deletion and thread closure should be done over private email/message between the person concerned and the moderators.
- You may not re-edit a message that has been edited by a moderator.
- Do not back seat moderate. Report an offending post using the report button located at the bottom right of each post. Please do not make posts in the thread or send messages reprimanding other users about rulebreaking, this may be considered off topic/spam. Let the moderation team deal with the situation via the report button.
- Moderators cannot read private messages unless they are reported.
- If you ever have ANY problem with ANY moderator at ANY time PLEASE contact Liam either through the forum with a PM or any other medium that you feel like using.
10. Account security
While it is of the upmost importance to us to keep your account information safe and secure, we cannot fully guarantee perfect security. In order to maintain good account security, we recommend that you perform regular anti-virus scans (I will always recommend using Anti-Malewarebytes) on your own computers and regular password changes. Also, please avoid using the same login information that you use elsewhere on the internet as credentials for these forums. It is highly recommended that you do not share a password between your forum account and any other high value accounts such as bank accounts, steam accounts/gaming accounts in general, and anything else of that nature that may be worth something.
> Contact Us <
For any questions or concerns regarding the Community Guidelines / Server Rules, or to get in touch with us in general:
- Send a PM through the Forum to member name "BoomLiam"
- "Report" this thread and enter in your comments. A moderator will respond and forward on if needed.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TL;DR: Don't be a dick
- The server may disconnect/crash - please do not complain about these issues. I am not using a professional hosting solution so it will most likely be an ISP related issue. Sorry!
- NO GRIEFING! & NO STEALING - The server adopts a block protection and recording system. If a report is filed against a griefer you WILL be caught and punishments WILL ensue.
- No spamming in the chat - For some people playing on a lower resolution monitor, the chat takes up a lot of screen space, if this is filled with just chat spam, it can be really distracting. It is also annoying for everyone else, so don't do it.
- No Advertising - Do not come to the server and advertise some third-party content. If it is unrelated, then we do not want to see it. (Unless some company wants to pay me to advertise them. Because then I'll do that! )
- No excessive swearing - Everyone swears, because it's funny, but being excessively offensive in chat is not acceptable. Control yourself!
- No asking for OP/Gamemode - You will play the game the same as everyone else. The only people that have access to gamemode are moderators. Not even my account has full access to OPed features.
- No racism - Pretty self-explanatory. Branches off of this rule also include no sexism and no homophobic comments. Learn to love people and quit being a shithead.
- Respect the moderators and other players - The moderator's decision is final. If you have a reason to complain about something on the server, then make a post in the appropriate forum topic. On top of this you should respect every other player on the server. If you have an issue with another player, report it to a moderator online or on the forums. (Alternatively, please make use of the /helpop command)
- Avoid building too close to spawn - The spawn area has some pretty bad biomes around it, so go explore the world! Find an awesome, un-touched place to settle! Build your castle/dirt hut!
Hacks and exploits:
The use of third-party game modification files is explicitly prohibited from the server. (Obvious exception to this rule include mini-maps, shaders and other non-game advantageous modifications. Please make a post in the appropriate forum topic if you are unsure.)
- No use of X-ray modifications
- No use of client flying hacks
- No use of item spawning hacks.
- No use of external assistant hacks (A hack which will allow you to move faster/break blocks faster)
- Please do not exploit any glitches you find on the server. It is being run from a slow machine so glitches have not been ironed out and the server has not been fully protected against such things. If you see something which could be exploited, please report it to a moderator or make a post on the forums in the appropriate section.
- ANY other game breaking hacks are strictly prohibited and will result in a ban from the server.
- Respect other users on the server and use push to talk/voice activation detection.
- In order to join the TeamSpeak, you must be aged 16+ (The moderation team holds the right in order to ban or mute any user who they do not believe to be aged 16+)
- Do not advertise other servers or services in the TeamSpeak
- Channel hopping, poke spamming and chat spamming is NOT allowed.
- Inappropriate avatars will be removed and you may be temp-banned for having them
- Inappropriate links which are posted for the sole purpose to annoy or "troll" are prohibited
- Impersonating and/or changing one's name to cause grief or in attempt to attack an individual will be met with a kick from the server. Repeated offenses or not responding to the moderator's request to change your name will be met with a temp-ban.
- Do not exploit glitches in the server permissions. If you come across an exploit, please privately message a moderator online or report it on the forums.
- Do not ask for a server/channel group. These will be assigned to you when you earn them (Donating) or when a moderator feels you deserve them.
- Use all channels appropriately. The channel you are in should relate to the game you are playing. If a game is not listed under the "Games" spacer, then use "Other Kappa's". If you have no where else to go, then make use of an empty game room. The order and arrangement of rooms in the server are subject to change.
- Users in the AFK room will be automatically kicked from the server after 2 hours of being idle. This is to clear room in the server as the number of users is limited [AT THE MOMENT]
- If you go AFK, use the AFK room. Do not go AFK in another room to avoid the 2 hour idle kick.
- Don't be annoying.
If you are a donator on the Dirthut, you will have been assigned a 'Donator' server group. This allows you access to the 'Donators' channel:
You are free at ANY TIME to make use of this room. Alternatively you can create your own channels with password protection. Just enter into 'Ultra Kappa', right click on the 'Donators' spacer and select 'Create Sub-Channel'. Only other Donators will be able to join these chanels, but creating one with a password and providing other users with this password is a way to allow entry for anyone on the server.
Last updated [7th August 2016]